Thursday 3 July 2014

Pancakes

Yesterday I told you about my favourite drink and how I love lemons, well I decided I should finally post a recipe. I choose pancakes with lemon juice and SUGAR! I had attempted once with my own recipe and it didn't turn out to good so my father searched for recipes and we found this wonderful recipe by Delia Smith. We tried it and it turned out great...Enjoy!

Ingredients:
For the pancake mixture
1. 110g of sifted plain flour
2. A pinch of salt
3. 2 eggs
4. 200ml of milk mixed with 75ml of water
5. 50g of butter
To serve
1. Sugar
2. Lemon Juice
3. Lemon Wedges

How to:
1. Put the sifted flour and salt into a large mixing bowl
2. Make a well in the centre of the flour and break the eggs into it
3. Then, start whisking the ingredients together
4. Gradually, add small quantities of milk and water mixture
5. When all the liquid is added, whisk once more from around the edge to the centre until smooth
6. Now, melt your butter in a pan
7. Add 2 Tbsp of it into the batter and whisk it in(put the rest into a bowl)
8. Now get the pan really hot(little melted butter in) and then down to medium and use about one laddle of batter to test if your using the right amt. of batter
9. As soon as the batter touches the hot pan, tip it from side to side to coat the pan evenly, but leave space to flip
10. Once golden on both sides,simply slide them onto a plate
11. To serve, sprinkle around half a tsp of sugar and dissolve with your lemon juice and lemon on the side

And thats it!

No comments:

Post a Comment